"Information security standards have called on the public to use risk analysis when designing security controls that match their environment"
Centre for Internet Security
Assessment of current organisational cybersecurity posture
- Organisational readiness (including understanding business drivers, conditions, processes, informational assets, and alike);
- Readiness of the workforce (including awareness, culture, cybersecurity competences);Technical readiness (including endpoint protection readiness).
Advancing organisational cybersecurity posture
- Organisational: cybersecurity risk management, cybersecurity awareness and advocacy programmes, strategy, policies and governance, insider threat programme.
- Technical: Complete endpoint defence.
Due to the rapid technological advancement and changed business environment, determining cybersecurity posture and risk appetite cannot be a point-in-time exercise. Hence, we do an ongoing assessment involving constant evaluation and re-evaluation of organisational cybersecurity posture.
Facts and figures
- 1,946,181,599 is a total number of compromised records containing personal and other sensitive data between Jan. 1, 2017, and March 20, 2018.
- The Average cost of a data breach in 2017: $3.62 million.
- 191 days is the average length of time it takes for organisations to identify a data breach.
- 66 days was the average time needed to fully contain a data breach in 2017.
- 76% of organizations would likely increase the resources available for cybersecurity following a breach that causes significant damage.